1831 - Formed by Franklin Synod (at its Fall meeting) out of part of Hopewell Presbytery.
1832 - Became part of newly formed Western District Synod.
1835 - Became part of West Tennessee Synod (name change from Western District Synod).
1839 - By an act of West Tennessee Synod in the fall of 1839, the Forked Deer Presbytery and the Hatchie Presbytery were consolidated under the name of Union Presbytery. By the appointment of Synod, this Presbytery held its first meeting in the town of Brownsville, Haywood county, Tennessee, on Saturday, the 11th of April, A.D., 1840.