Petitions from South Burns Congregation and Sappington Chapel Congregation were received, read and approved and the churches were received and their delegates were ordered seated whereupn Eld. A. W. South of South Burns and W. A. McAmis of Sappington Chapel were seated members of this Presbytery.
[Source: Minutes of Greer Presbytery of the Cumberland Presbyterian Church, October 5, 1911, page 204]
On Motion the name of the Sappington Chapel Congregation was changed to Cowden.
[Source: Minutes of Greer Presbytery of the Cumberland Presbyterian Church, April 3, 1925, page 1]