1890 - Name changed from Hiwassee
Presbytery to Knoxville Presbytery by order of Tennessee
Report of the Committee on Overtures was adopted. Memorials have come before this committee as follows: (3) From Hiwassee Presbytery, asking that its name be changed to Knoxville.
[Source: Minutes of Tennessee Synod of the Cumberland Presbyterian Church, October 23, 1890, page 10]
1925 - Became part of newly formed East Tennessee Synod.
1989 - After realignment became part of newly formed Presbytery of East Tennessee.