Name changed from Austin Presbytery to South Texas Presbytery effective January 1, 1959, by action of Texas Synod.
Boundaries: SOUTH TEXAS PRESBYTERY.
West: Mexican Border
North: Counties--Val Verde, Sutton, Schleicher, Menard, Mason, Llano, Burnet, Williamson, Milam, Burleson, Brazos, Grimes, Walker, San Jacinto, Polk, Tyler, Jasper, and Newton
South: Gulf of Mexico
East: Louisiana State Line
[Source: Minutes of Texas Synod of the Cumberland Presbyterian Church, October 5-7, 1971, page 30]
Consolidated with Caddo Presbytery and renamed Trinity Presbytery by order of Mission Synod in major reorganization of Cumberland Presbyterian Church Synods and Presbyteries.