Ward, Jerry A. born about 1834; converted at Pine Tree church, Gregg County, TX, in 1850; educ.: Chapel Hill Coll.; married E. J. Ham (also a school teacher) in 1859; ordained by Marshall Presby. before 1860 (listed as CP minister in that census); served at Ennis, TX, 1876; Rice, TX, 1877-78; Marshall, TX, 1878-88; Corsicana, TX, 1888-93; Gainesville, TX, 1894; Abilene, TX, 1895-98; Avoca, TX, 1899; 1902-03; 1906; Mexia, TX, 1901; Stamford, TX, 1904-05; Doctor of Divinity; went to PCUSA in 1906; died May 29, 1913, Avoca, TX.
[Source: Magrill, Rose Mary. Family of Faith,Cumberland Presbyterians in Harrison Coutny 1848-1998. Memphis, Tennessee: The Historical Foundation of the Cumberland Presbyterian Church and the Cumberland Presbyterian Church in America, 1998, page 610.]
NAME: Jerry A. Ward, D.D.
PLACE OF DEATH: Avoca, Tex.
DATE: May 29, 1913
[Source: Minutes of the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church in the United States of America, 1914, page 307]