Johnsonville congregation was received under the care of Presbytery, and Rev. A. G. Shelton ordered to take charge of the same.
[Source: Minutes of Charlotte Presbytery of the Cumberland Presbyterian Church, September 1879 - Excerpts in The Cumberland Presbyterian, October 23, 1879]
Johnsonville Cumberland Presbyterian Church was organized May 26, 1915 by Rev. F. P. Arterburn, with a membership of 30. the ruling elders were V. V. Jackson, J. E. Parker, J. M. C. Young, and Warner Sharp.
Johnsonville hosted Clarksville Presbytery March 18, 1919. Warner Sharpe was elder delegate. Pulpit Supply was J. C. Ross.
Johnsonville reported 24 members in March 1929, when Clarksville Presbytery met at Arlington. Warner Clark, was clerk of the session.
Warner Sharp was a commissioner to General Assembly, June 1, 1919.
Johnsonville closed March 2, 1946. The United States Government (TVA) paid the General Assembly of the Cumberland Presbyterian Church $2,000.
The location of the church was Lot 51 and 52 on Cherry St. in Old Johnsonville. Old Johnsonville was on the north side of Hwy. 70 West.
[Written by Catherine Brown Carter]